We received this variation recipe from our very good friend Pantelis Kotsiopoulos, who passed away last year. A beautiful creative man who perfected the Green Bean Stefato prior to leaving us. He loved Papou's Special Spices as it lent a perfectly reliable finish to his refined recipe with no fuss. We shared it for years, not varying one percent and always the results an incredibly satisfying meal. The last time we shared was with Rotisserie Duck.
This is for 2-4 people, or figure it out, that's this adventure.
- 4 large juicy red tomatoes skin off and deseeded, about 2 cups, or, a large box of diced tomatoes. 16 ounces.
- 1- large onion, red, yellow or white, large, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh green beans cleaned
- 3 heads of finely crushed fresh garlic
ALL ORGANIC, IF POSSIBLE.
- 4 oz of any of our dressings
- 2 ounces of water
- PAPOU'S SECRET SPICES 2 tbsp (Our family spice mix)
- Put the 6 ounces of liquids in the bottom of a deep saucepan.
- Put green beans on top.
- Cook for 5 minutes barely simmering.
- Stop cooking and chill a few minutes.
- Put tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spice mix or Papou's Secret Spices on top.
- Put a small plate on top of inside the pot. Put the top of the pot over that.
- Simmer about 15 minutes, check green beans, should be soft, not crispy.
- If not, Cook until finished.
We garnish with thinly sliced yellow peppers and other contrasting colored veggies one can eat raw.
Mix in a pot! GENTLY!
Serve in a pasta bowl. Goes great with Malamatina (Brand) or other Retsina wine and Crispy Greek bread or toast.
This Green Bean Stefato (stew) was always a grand feast surrounded by any of the following: Potatoes, chicken, rice, pasta, pork, lamb, pot roast, spanakopita, pastichio, mousaka. I'll pass this recipe's on in future videos.
At the end of the meal, my Papou, (grandfather) would take the liquid left in the bottom of the stew pot and sip it like the greatest of life-giving elixirs. He did this with most dishes.
Our recipe's and our products are convenient for busy households that want the same results Papou and our family have had for generations without the complicated blending. The taste is built into the products.
HAVE FUN, BE ALIVE and HEALTHY, ENJOY EVERY DAY, LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
EVERYONE NEEDS A LITTLE GREEK IN THEIR LIFE!!