We have figured out how many Greek salads we've had in my many years and how many ways hundreds of people have made them, including my greatest inspiration, our YIAYIA, our grandmother, who has inspired the recipes for all our products. We'll share her recipe, which we all enjoyed for many years.
Yiayia's Greek Salad
This is for 2-4 people, or figure it out, that's this adventure.
Equal amounts of all, cut bitesize and mixed together:
- 1- juicy red tomato
- 1-med size red onion
- 1-green bell pepper
- 1- med size cucumber (she liked to take the seeds out)
Cut just before serving:
- 1-head of romaine
- 4 oz of any of our dressings
- 2 ounces of water
- Yia Yia's Special Spices Authentic Greek Spice Mix 1 tbsp (Our family spice mix)
- 1- Generous slice of real Greek Feta cheese, 80% sheep's milk and 20% Goat's milk, preferably from a barrel, not packaged, and from Greece.
- 12- Kalamata black/purple olives, largest one can buy, with pits in.
- Gently mix together all veggies except romaine.
- Beat together the Yia Yia's Special Spices and any of our dressings with a whisk and add to veggies.
Lay bite-sized cut romaine in a large bowl.
Lay cheese and olives on top so everyone can take however much they want of them. Save a little dressing for the top of the Feta.
When my father brought home radishes, celery, green onions, red peppers, fresh endive or/and escarole, they would be added in as Yiayia pleased.
This salad was always a grand feast surrounded by potatoes, chicken, rice, pasta, pork, lamb, beans, broccoli, all Greek style, the RECIPE's TO COME.
At the end of the meal, my Papou, (grandfather) would take the liquid left in the bottom of the salad bowl and sip it like the greatest of life-giving elixirs.
OUR RECIPE FOR GREEK SALAD USING "STROMPOLOS' AUTHENTIC GREEK DRESSINGS" AND YIAYIA'S SPECIAL SPICES is EASY AND CONVENIENT FOR BUSY HOUSEHOLDS THAT WANT THE SAME RESULTS YIAYIA AND OUR FAMILY HAS HAD FOR GENERATIONS.
NEXT!….. GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS, A CLASSIC FAMILY RECIPE USING "PAPOU'S SECRET SPICES."
HAVE FUN, BE ALIVE, ENJOY EVERY DAY, LOVE ONE ANOTHER
EVERYONE NEEDS A LITTLE GREEK IN THEIR LIFE.!!